About our institute
The Transport and Spatial Planning Institute (German abbreviation: IVR)
- ...was established in 2003 as an academic section of the Transport and Communications Department of Erfurt University of Applied Sciences.
- …serves practice-oriented, interdisciplinary academic research as well as the transfer of know-how in the fields of transport and spatial planning.
- … has already worked successfully in cooperation with European institutions, Federal and State Ministries as well as their executive bodies, special-purpose associations and representative bodies, economic organizations, consultancy companies as well as scientific institutions.
- …combines the competencies of three professorships and 15 research associates from various disciplines (e.g. transport engineering, spatial planning, information technology, geography, sociology).
The wide-ranging experience of the Institute’s professors, staff members as well as the various cooperation partners, enables the Institute to offer a broad spectrum of services. This is in particular:
- fundamental research in the fields of mobility, transport and spatial planning,
- development of concepts for local, regional and national problems,
- supporting the implementation of concepts and innovative solutions,
- method consultancy, cooperation and project management,
- transfer of know-how and educational work through the organisation and arrangement of workshops and conferences.